Wednesday, February 22, 2012

PCB Arrived!

I finished the spiral pocketing operation and also wrote a spiral plunge operation to precede it. I'm starting to get a pretty good idea of how the host software design should be. I've created a "ToolPathBuilder" as a generic operation that I'll make various specific operations from. I've got a RectangularPocket which makes use of a SpiralPlunge:


Here is a test cut in my glue and plaster material:


And cutting the pocket in the RenShape material:


Here is the finished cut:


This will be a junction box for the limit switches. There will be three lines coming in from each side and one from the top.

Ok that was all very exciting. Here's the top news story: I got my PCB board back from Fritzing Fab! It's beautiful:


Definitely click to see the bigger picture. The logo didn't come out quite right, it was supposed to have a circle like the image in the upper left of this blog. Maybe my graphic wasn't quite right. Perhaps it supports objects converted to paths only, rather than a circle. It was just for fun anyway. I tested the pad wiring with my multi-meter on continuity. It looks just fine. I'm going on vacation in a couple of days, so soldering it up will have to wait. Very exciting.


No comments:

Post a Comment